Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.setup
Conan Kelly

Default Setting Shortcut Keys

Hello all,

Is there any way to specifically set shortcut keys to buttons
(programmatically or by tweaking the registry even)? I would like to
set Excel's "Format Painter"
and "Center" buttons to the same key combos as Word's (Ctrl + Shift +
C) and (Ctrl + E).

Unfortunately, Excel isn't as resilient as Word when it comes to
assigning hot key combos (for those that don't know, please check out
this pictu
http://home.att.net/~ctbarbarin/file...e_keyboard.jpg). Word
lists every command, what the command does, and all key combos already
assigned to it and allows you to add new key combos to existing ones.

FYI: I'm using MS Word & Excel 2002 SP3 (MS Office XP SP3)

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly