Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR

Default Changing a text field to a date field

Using a helper column.....

=LEFT(A1,2)&"/"&RIGHT(A1,2)&"/"&2006

or you can leave off the year, as....

=LEFT(A4,2)&"/"&RIGHT(A4,2)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"juliet" wrote in message
Hi I know this is a problem for lots of people but I still cant find an
answer. I have imported a text file into excel with a number field that
displays credit card expiry dates as a 4 digit number. example 0408 so

month
+ year. I have converted the number field to a text field so it doesnt

drop
off the first zero and now I need to convert it to a date field. Any nice
easy simple ideas. Any help would be much appreaciated. Or direction to a
question the same.