Carole O

Hi, Frank -

Here's an update. I inserted 3 lines above MP, moved MP to the new lines,
re-entered MR, and deleted the MR lines. Guess what - it works!! There must
have been an unprintable character in those lines.

Thanks again for your interest and help.

Carole

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
frank[dot]kabel[at]freenet[dot]de

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Carole O" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Frank -
I have a file all ready for you - what is your e-mail address?

Carole

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
if you like email me your file with the non-working formula

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Carole O" schrieb im

Newsbeitrag
Thanks Frank for your help. Here is part of the table I'm using

(it
stretches to one row (A - M)
CODE CATEGORY PPR DESCRIPTION PC COLOR/SIDE Press Sheet
Size STOCK BLEED UP # ITEMS BINDERY IND STD SHEETS/PKG UNIT
CAT 2-MAKE READY MP Make new plates MP
CORP 2-MAKE READY MP Make new plates MP
CUST 2-MAKE READY MP Make new plates MP
CAT 2-MAKE READY MR Make Ready MR
CORP 2-MAKE READY MR Make Ready MR
CUST 2-MAKE READY MR Make Ready MR

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
and there're no blanks in your lookup table for the 'MR' value?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Carole O" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
I have a spreadsheet with a table lookup. This is the

formula I
use:
=INDEX('PRODUCT TABLE'!$E$2:$M$146,MATCH(L23,'PRODUCT
TABLE'!$E$2:$E$145,0),9)

It returns a correct response (or 0) for every lookup except

MR!
If
change the L23 cell to MP I get the correct response for MP.

If
change it
back to MR, I get #N/A. I have changed the Product Table

cells
for
MR -
brought the cell above (MP) down to the MR cell and changed

it to
MR,
added
and deleted the other lookup fields in the table hoping to

get a
response -
nothing. I've deleted the MR rows and added them back in -
nothing.

Any ideas besides changing the MR code to something else? I
don't
want to
do that since the MR is the logical code to use.

Thanks,

Carole O