Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

Default How come Excel can't calculate any =SIN(x) or =COS(y) correctly?

In Excel, angles should be expressed in Radians, not degrees

=SIN(RADIANS(45))-COS(RADIANS(45)) returns (almost) zero

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Shinygaia" wrote in message

I work with Excel on this math report and the formula I typed in just kept
not working properly. The results were all off. So I checked everything
very
carefully and found out why it didn't work. In need to calculate sin and
cos
so I typed =SIN(45) in one cell and =COS(45) in another cell just to check
if
it works and ... Surprise! I ended up with two different results instead
of
0,707 for both!!! I tried with =SIN(0), =SIN(180) and =SIN(360) and again
wrong (supposed to be "0" for all of them). If someone knows a way to fix
that, it would be of great help!

By the way, Happy Valentine Day!