Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Karen

Default how to see the whole text in merged cells?

Hi Irina,

In addition to Dave's suggestion, I'm also wondering if this huge
quantity of text data could perhaps also be displayed in your Excel
document imported as a 'Word' table, versus trying to fit all of the
text into one Excel cell, especially if you aren't needing to work with
any formulas within the text itself.

You can link the data from Word so that any changes you make to the
Word document will also reflect in your Excel document. (Plus then you
wouldn't necessarily have to re-adjust the alt-enter each time you need
to make changes to the text itself.)

I guess it depends on the layout that you need and how you want the
text data to show in your spreadsheet, but as a quick workaround, I
might also consider importing it as a Word table object.

Just a thought! :)

Let us know how you make out! This sounds like quite a challenge and
one that I'm also very interested in hearing the workaround for.

Karen

P.S. I didn't know that Excel cells had limited ability to display
text. (I use the 2003 version and am also learning more and more each
day! Like you, I thought it was unlimited as long as the wrapping
feature was used.)