Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
artglassbob

Default how to change cell linkage

I have an excel workbook which I have been routinely updating for several
years. My problem is that one of the columns contains email addresses which
when one is selected it activites Outlook Express. That is OK, but my
problem is that after I have updated a particular email address, the earlier
email address value is apparently retained somewhere in the workbook as the
earlier value is the one inserted into a Outlook Express email message. How
do I clear the previous value and force Excel to use the current email
address?

BTW, when I hover my cursor over a cell which has been updated, the previous
email address appears in a balloon "mailto:(previous address) - Click once
to follow. Click and hold to select this cell."
--
Bob Mc