Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Will

Default Inserting Field To Insert Full Path to Excel File

Is there a field or function in Excel that would insert a full path to the
spreadsheet on the file system along with the name? For example:

\\ourserver\sharedfiles\some\directory\path\my-excel-spreadsheet.xls

You often get handed a printout of a spreadsheet, and it would really be
nice if the printed version of the spreadsheet had a way to reference its
own location so you could easily get back to it starting from the printed
version.

In Page Setup I see a way in the header to insert &File to get the filename
only, but that does not insert a full path.

--
Will