Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Inserting an Image or Line

I still wouldn't do it...

But J.E. McGimpsey has a routine that you may be able to use.

You can put the picture where you want it and hide it based on the value of a
cell.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

BigPig wrote:

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Say your data is in A2:Axx.

Insert a new column B and put a formula like:

=if(a2="his","<--Male--","<--Female--")

or anything you want:
=if(a2="his","<--Male--","")

so that the males stand out more (which is right and proper, oh, oh!)

Thankyou for your explanation. Sorry for not seeing the light!

Now, I understand your response. Thankyou. I will try that, but I think that
it won't be what 'they' want.

Do you think it is possible to insert via formula or macro an image into a
cell or cells?

You should know that this form does not require data to be stored or
accessed, except via formula, or if it requires data to be retrieved from
another sheet that is 'organic' to the form. It is a 'free standing' form.

Thankyou for your time and effort.

--

Dave Peterson