Frank Kabel

I guess they just forgot to update the KB article :-)
So Excel 2003 still has this bug (at least my German version). Not

sure
what the max. allowed number in previous versions is so I couldn't

test
if they at least extended the value range (but I doubt it)

This proves that at least on Windows machines which by now all have
IEEE-compliant hardware FPUs that Excel's developers are too

pig-headed to
use the hardware opcodes. See

http://google.com/groups?selm=eoRsb....newsrange r.c
om

Hi Harlan
thanks for the link. And just to confirm. The 2^27 quotient limit is
still true for Excel 2003. So no change at all is respect to previous
Excel versions.

Frank