Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mariano

Default Referencing a Merged cell

sorry, it is version 2002.
I have been just using the backspace.
Which works fine for my personal use, but a few other people will be using
this who have very little experience with excel.
Perhaps I will just have to try and keep these cells seperate.

"Mariano" wrote:

Often on one of my workbooks I need to reference a cell from either another
workbook or worksheet. I usually have both workbooks open so I just hit the
equal sign and click on the cell i want referenced. However when I do that
when I am trying to reference a merged cell it automaticall pulls up a range
of both of the merged cells and retuns a #value.
Is there anyway to click on it and actually have it pull up a single cell
instead of creating something like?:
Sheet2!A1:B1