Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

Default Help with formula

You can use the COUNTIF(Range, Criteria) function. The following example
would count the occurrences of Email in the range B1:B20

=COUNTIF(B1:B20,"=Email")

--
Kevin Backmann

"Mike Busch" wrote:

We have a worksheet that we use for time management. It has the day's of the
week vertically, with 15 minute increments. To the left is a list from 1 to
10 on the possible job duties we would place in the time slots. I would like
to have a formula that would tell me how many each of a particular job duty I
would spend on during the day. Example.
1 E Mail
2 Projects
3 Quotes
4 research
And so on...

7:00 - 2
7:15 - 2
7:30 - 3
7:45 - 2
8:00 -2
8:15 - 1
8:30 - 1
8:45 - 2
And so on...

I would like to select the range and tell me how many times a particular job
appears in a day. thanks.