Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Default appending text to existing values

You might be able to try something like this:

For values in Cells A1:A10
B1: (your rank formula)*IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$10,$A1)1,-1,1)
Copy that formula down thru B10

Then, select B1:B10
FormatCellsNumber tab
Category: Custom
Type: 0_T;0"T";0_T
Click the [OK] button

Note: Duplicate ranks are actually NEGATIVE, but they display without the
minus sign (-).

Sample output
Value Rank Display
10 1
25 2T
25 2T
31 3
42 4

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"anny" wrote:

Hello

Column K of my worksheet ranks the values in column J in ascending order.
I've written in code to use 'generous' rules in the ranking. (ie 1, 2, 2,
3 not 1, 2, 2, 4). The ranks are currently in 'General' format.

What I'd like to do is append a "T" in cases of ties. (ie 1, 2T, 2T, 3)

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
anny