Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bob Phillips

Default summing formula

=SUMIF(L2:L200,"0",M2:M200)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ron Woolley"
wrote in message

I've built a workbook to keep up with purchase/sales of Stocks, to keep
up with long & short term Capital/Gains for Tax records.

The way that the sheet is built is: A1 thru G2 are used for entering
stock purchases; name, date bought, price, # of shares with sum formula
for "Total Investment Amount (G2)". Cells H2 thru L2 are used when the
Stock is sold (Sale date, number of stocks, price and "Total Investment
Amount(L2)"). The last cell, M2, I want to use to show the Capital
Gain/Loss for that stock sale.

My problem or question is that I don't want Cell M2 to sum unless L2
has value of 0. I've tried the =SUMIF formula and I can't it to work.
I can't seem to find a formula that would work.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Ron

--