KJThams

Default Password protect cells PivotTable & allow the Pivot Table to refre

I have an Excel 2002 spreadsheet which contains a Pivot Table. The Pivot
Table begins in cell B6. I have other functions which I have entered into
cells B2-B5. My goal is to lock and password protect cells B2-B5 but still
allow the Pivot Table to be refreshed using the refresh icon on the toolbar.
I have locked B2-B5 and unlocked the rest of the worksheet then turned on
Protect Sheet and the Refresh Data icon is no longer active. I have also
tried checking the box Use Pivot Table Reports under Protect Sheet and again
the Refresh Data icon is no longer active. Anybody know how to address this
issue?