Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pheasant PluckerŪ

Default Adding colour to result in a cell?

Hi there,

I am developing a spreadsheet that uses data validation and a chooser box to
select Y or N and depending upon the result drops a value in the adjacent
box.

This works as expected and depending upon the formula will enter a number
from 1-5 when N is selected from the chooser.

I would like to allocate different colours to result, i.e.

If Y is selected I would like the Y to appear in green in the chooser to
indicate an OK result. In this case there is no value dropped into the
adjacent box when Y is chosen.

If N is selected I would like the N to appear in Red in the chooser and the
result that is dropped in the adjacent box to be coloured accordingly.

For example if 5 is the value then this should be displayed in Red

If a 1 is the result than display this in Cyan etc.

As an example the formula I use to return the result is based upon the
following;

=IF(E19="N",1,"")

Is this possible please?

--