Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Anne Troy

Default Is there a way to add up check boxes

This is NOT an easy way to do this unless you are seldom adding/subtracting
checkboxes. You'd be better off putting an X in a column or counting a
column of values (count or counta functions). However, hit Alt+F11. Make
sure you are viewing the Properties window (View menu). Hit the dropdown.
For each checkbox, make sure you have assigned a "linked cell". Then, you
can use the same column for all the checkboxes, and do =sum(M:M) where A is
the column letter you're using.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"strider11580" wrote in message
I have a Excel sheet that I made. I went to View, Toolbars, then Control
Toolbox. I entered the design mode and made a check box. I then proceded
adjust that box to fit the cell I needed it to fit into. I then added the
boxes to the whole collum. I can check and uncheck my boxes fine. I would
like to have a running total at the bottom of that row to tell me how many
boxes are checked. I will be adding and subtracting checks from this
collum
so I need it to keep up and tell me how many I have checked. Can some one
give me an idea of how to do it. I have been told since the checkbox is
like
a picture you can't add them up, or somthing to that effect.