Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
laralea

Default Date Formatting problem

This doesn't work. I'm not understanding why I should paste a 0 value over
the dates? If I paste format, it doesn't work.

"bpeltzer" wrote:

If you are using the format painter and seeing no change, you've probably got
text data and need to convince Excel to convert it to a number. Easiest way:
enter 0 in some blank cell and copy it (ctrl+C). Then select your resistant
cells and Edit Paste Special. Select values and add then click OK. That
should convert to a numeric value so you should then be able to format as a
date.
--Bruce

"laralea" wrote:

Seems simple enough, but how do I change the formatting of the first two to
match the 2nd two. I've already tried various ways to reformat the date
including using the format painter. (The spreadsheet is resistant to change!)

11/30/2004 00:00:00
11/30/2004 00:00:00
12/31/04
12/31/04