Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

Default validation question

"G" wrote
... Incell drop down ticked..
I have used this function many times before,
the strange thing being that it works fine on other pages
within the workbook..
Feel i have something switched off in options or view
but cannot see anything that works..

Are you using Excel 97?
Just to share some thoughts .. (no solution to offer, sorry).
I've experienced this phenomena before in Excel 97 (my ver)
One particular sheet just went "poof" one fine day while working in Excel.
All existing DV droplists just plain disappeared. And new DVs created
stubbornly refused to show the droplists in the sheet. Had no choice then
but to revert to my last back-up (in which the existing DVs still worked in
that particular sheet), and recover / re-work from there ( .. was thankful I
did the back-ups .. )
--
Max
Singapore