Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roger Govier

Default How do I set up a sheet with date headers one week apart.

Hi Frank

It sounds like your cell B1 is formatted as text, hence the formula
shows rather than the result of the formula.
Delete the entry in B1.
FormatCellsNumberGeneral
Retype =A1+7

Change the entry in A1 to 23/01/2006

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"mossbury" wrote in message
Andy,

I have done this, I just get the "#VALUE" in every other cell.

A1 B1 C1 D1 etc
23.1.2006 =A1+7 #VALUE #VALUE

Using the same procedure in Open Office Calc works fine. No luck with
Excell2003

Frank

"Andy" wrote:

Frank

If you select the cell which in which you have typed =A2+7, there
will be a
little black square in the bottom right hand corner. Move your mouse
over it
and it becomes a cross. You can drag this cross along the row to copy
the
formula across.

Andy.

"mossbury" wrote in message
Hi Andy,

How do I fill the remaining ones. Do I have to type in each column
seperately?

Frank

"Andy" wrote:

Hi

Type your first date in A2. In the next cell use
= A2+7
You can fill this across as necessary.

Andy.

"mossbury" wrote in message
I am trying to set up a spreadsheet with date headers and/or
side
labels,
one week apart.
I have tried without success. Any help gratefully received.

1/1/2006 - 8/1/2006 - 15/1/2006 etc.

Frank Taylor
Dell Dimension 8400
4 Gig RAM