Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I set up a sheet with date headers one week apart.

OK

Make sure the cells are formatted as General - before you start.
In the first cell type
23/01/05
which Excel will recognise as a date (English). In the next cell type
=
then click on the previous cell and then type
+7
and press Enter.
What's the result?

Andy.

"mossbury" wrote in message
Yes Andy,

Each cell has the formula in it incremented to the cell that it is in.
Very strange isn't it?

I typed the date in as 23rd January, 2006. but I have also used 23/1/2006
and 23.1.2006. I have re-installed Office 2003 so many times that I have
run
out of 'activations'

What a cheek! I buy the genuine MS program, and I get all this hassle
when
I need to activate it. Treated like a criminal. I really think that I
will
have to go over to Open Office. It's free and doesn't need activation.

Sorry for the gripe, but I had to get it off my chest. Anyway, thank you
for
your help. I am using Excel in this instance because the computer on which
the program will be running has Office 2003. Press on regardless.

Regards

Frank

"Andy" wrote:

Hi

If you click in a cell with #VALUE, what does the formula bar say is the
formula in the cell. Each column should increment on the previous, so
=A1+7
becomes =B2+7, which becomes =B3+7
Also, is your starting cell an Excel date? The usual way they display is
dd/mm/yyyy (for English).
It should be really easy!

Andy.

"mossbury" wrote in message
Andy,

I have done this, I just get the "#VALUE" in every other cell.

A1 B1 C1 D1 etc
23.1.2006 =A1+7 #VALUE #VALUE

Using the same procedure in Open Office Calc works fine. No luck with
Excell2003

Frank

"Andy" wrote:

Frank

If you select the cell which in which you have typed =A2+7, there will
be
little black square in the bottom right hand corner. Move your mouse
over
it
and it becomes a cross. You can drag this cross along the row to copy
the
formula across.

Andy.

"mossbury" wrote in message
Hi Andy,

How do I fill the remaining ones. Do I have to type in each column
seperately?

Frank

"Andy" wrote:

Hi

Type your first date in A2. In the next cell use
= A2+7
You can fill this across as necessary.

Andy.

"mossbury" wrote in message
I am trying to set up a spreadsheet with date headers and/or side
labels,
one week apart.
I have tried without success. Any help gratefully received.

1/1/2006 - 8/1/2006 - 15/1/2006 etc.

Frank Taylor
Dell Dimension 8400
4 Gig RAM