Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Zipadeedoodaa

Default Sortin method advice please

I am new to excel and would like some advice please.

I am treasurer for a forthcoming concert. All the seats are numbered in the
concert hall. As the bookings come in the customer is allocated a seat and
his name is recorded in column "A" of excel with the seat number in say
column "D".

I wish to sort the names into alphabetical order and at the same time move
the seat number allocated to them in "D" as well.

Could I ask some kind soul to advise me please. If I'm in the wrong group I
apologise and hope someone will point me in the right direction

Neville