Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Kane

Default What If??

Thanks ... Your info was most helpful. I had to change it slightly as I had
given all of the correct parameters. It works!

.... Kane

"Max" wrote:

Assuming you're using the Check box from the Forms Toolbar, here's some
options to play with:

As it stands, with your set-up as described,

Put in AE10, either:
=IF(AND(SUM(L10:P10)<0,AH10=1),1,0)
or
=IF((SUM(L10:P10)<0)*(AH10=1),1,0)

But I think we can dispense with the formula in AH10,
and read the checkbox's link cell AI10 directly

In which case, we could try instead in AE10, either:
=IF(AND(SUM(L10:P10)<0,AI10),1,0)
or
=IF((SUM(L10:P10)<0)*AI10,1,0)

(the formula in AH10 can be deleted)
--
Max
Singapore
"Kane" wrote in message

In a monthly report I have a requirement to track a certain type of day (
AE10 ) that is dependant upon two other day group conditions ( L10:P10,

and
AB10 ). The answer cell ( AE10 ) should indicate either a 0 or 1.

L10:P10 ( ie. =SUM 3.8 hrs )
AB10 ( Control Check box, Linked to AI10 )
AH10 ( =IFAI10.1.0 )
AE10 ( Should be 0 or 1, depending upon L10:P10, and AB10 )

If L10:P10 has accumulated hours, and AB10 is Contrtol Box Checked (1),
then AE10 =1.
If L10:p10 has no accumulated hours, and AB10 is Control Box Checked (1),
then AE10=0.
If L10:P10 has no accumulated hours, and AB10 is not Control Box Checked
(0), then AE10=0.
If L10:P10 has no accumulated hours, and AB10 is Not Control Box Checked
(0), then AE10=0.

Help is appreciated! Thanks