Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JE McGimpsey

Default Unwanted hyperlinks

See

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/nohyperlinks.html

In article ,
"Joe McGuire" wrote:

Whenever I type my e-mail address in a cell it is turned into a hyperlink.
This is particularly annoying in a spreadsheet which I use to keep track of
the 1001 User IDs and Passwords I need. OK, I really only need 101 of them.
It might be convenient for websites I type in to be hyperlinks. I'd like to
make that call myself. But I sure don't mean to send myself an e-mail each
time I move the cursor to a cell containing only own e-mail address. Even
if I later change the text to read something that is obviously not an e-mail
address, e.g., "My AOL E-mail Address," it still operates as a hyperlink to
the originally-enetered e-mail address. Is there a way to prevent this?