Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Default Fix Excel Protection so that it works as published

It works, you have to unlock the cells in question before you protect it
under formatcellsprotection,
select the ranges you want to sort and uncheck locked, then protect the
sheet with these options

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"Christopher Rath" <Christopher wrote in
message ...
When setting Excel Protection, the options include allowing sorting,
allowing
deleting of rows, etc. In my experience with Excel 2003, these options do
NOT work as advertised: even though I have ticked those options Excel
still
forces me to remove protection before sorting protected cells or deleting
rows in a protected sheet.

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.