Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TheDude

Default How can I look up data in a different workbook in an excel spr

is there a way to reference a validation list from a different WORKBOOK?

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote:

"DoctorG" wrote in message
My spreadsheet has three worksheets - Sheet1, Sheet2, and Data.
The Data worksheet has several columns of different lengths that contain
data to be used in several dropdown lookup lists on both Sheet1 and

Sheet2.
Both Sheet1 and Sheet2 use the same columns of data.

I can not use Data Validation lists to look these up because this function
requires that the lookup lists be in the same worksheet. I can use a

ComboBox
to lookup the data, but I am unable to format the cells containing the

combo
boxes, which appear with small fonts, no matter how the original cell or

the
cells in Data are formatted, and there is no formatting option on the
ComboBox properties tab.

How can I look up and properly format cells containing lookup lists

without
having to repeat the data on the two worksheets?

In Data, you can use something like =Sheet1!A1
The data is now in the same worksheet. This will give you the data from a
different worksheet. The subject line mentions a different workbook. Did you
make a typo?

/Fredrik