Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Default custom autofilter does not work

Are you trying this with a number? You can't do that, begins with is for
text, if you want a number you need to get that number from a help column
using a formula like

=LEFT(A2)

copy down then filter on that particular value in the help column

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"Max" wrote in message
Hi there,

I have Microsoft Excel 2003 version (dont know if makes a difference but i
mention it). I have a list with numbers and I have Autofilter activated
but
when I selected Custom and then the option "begins with" or "contains" it
does not bring any result. Even when I selected the hole number that I
want
to filter (although I want all the numbers that start with some common
digits
with this one).

I dont know if this version has any problem with that thing. I have used
the
same feature in the past with previous versions and it worked just fine.

If anybody has something in mind I would be very grateful