Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sloth

Default Format cell to show colon

I didn't say use a time format. Use a CUSTOM format and input this as your
custom format

#\:##

Then when you enter a number in the cell in will show with a ':' inserted as
you described.

"BigBuck98" wrote:

Sloth,
I have tried to format the cell with the time formats, but I can't seem to
get anything to work. I just want to type in 915 and have it show 9:15 or
1015 and have it show 10:15. I there a better way to do this?

Gordon

"Sloth" wrote in message
As confusing as it would be to do that, you can use a custom number format
of

#\:##

915 will appear as 9:15, and 1015 will appear as 10:15. Is that what you
wanted? Why would you do that though? Excel is very handy when dealing
with
time.

"BigBuck98" wrote:

Is there any way that I can format a cell to insert a colon three spaces
the left from the end of any group of numbers that I type in the a cell?
Examples 9:15 10:15

Thanks in advance,
Gordon