Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jack

Default Custom format for cells

This has done it thank you.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Assuming that you do not want to remove the trailing text, only not display it:

1. select the cell
2. in the formula bar, select the part of the text you want to hide
3. pull-down Format Cells... Font and make the color of the font the
same as the color of the background

The only thing visible in the cell will be the text you have not
re-formatted in this way.

If you want to get rid of the trailing text, use something like:
=LEFT(A1,4)
--
Gary''s Student

"Jack" wrote:

I have the text A012 This is a Test, can i use a custom format to display in
a cell just A012, the format of the text will always be letter followed by 3
numbers but i don't want any more letters.

I am sure this is simple but my heads not working today