Dave R.

Have you looked at help under OFFSET?

It's not very clear from your post WHEN you want it to offset by one row
(from B6 to B7), e.g. only in the 6th row?

"John" wrote in message
I would appreciate any heply in solving what seems a simple problem.

I wish to copy down a formula in Cell AA1, that contains a reference to B1
down to AA6, but instead of it showing B6 I want it to show B7.

I have an extended formula in AA1 but only the reference to B1 is the
critical part as I just want to simplify my post. I scanned the Groups for
an answer and I'm getting more confused. I've to copy this formula 400

times
so that why I don't want to do it manually!

Thanks