Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Big Rick

Default Date Formatting

I did finally get Bob' code to work by pre formatting the cells. As you can
see from the previous post, I was trying to input the date into cell H1.
Thanks for the suggestions as to why it didnt work. Many thanks to Bob also.

Many Regards
--
Big Rick

"Max" wrote:

.. I did get Rogers code to work, I couldn't with Bobs',

Big Rick (as posted in the other branch),

With Bob's sub implemented properly,

Select and *pre-format* the designated input range: H1:H10
as Custom: dddd dd mmmm yyyy

Then test by inputting some dates within H1:H10

When you press ENTER to commit each input,
Bob's code will return exactly what you're after

(My guess is you either didn't pre-format H1:H10 beforehand, or you might
have tried out the inputs elsewhere .. in A1, A2?? [I dunno]. But don't ask
me why Bob prefers "H1:H10" instead of "A1:A10" as the assumed source input
range <g)
--
Rgds
Max