Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Ed Ferrero

Default how do I extract the moving average trendline point data?

Hi bobb,

A moving average is calculated fairly easily - lets' assume you want a
13-point MA to smooth monthly data, you just need to average all values for
the current month and 6 months above and below the current month.
eg if data is in column A enter =AVERAGE(A1:A12) in cell B7 and copy down.

A better way to smooth a time series is with a weighted moving average
(called a filter) you can download an add-in to calculate the Henderson
Filter from my web site at http://www.edferrero.com/vba.aspx

Ed Ferrero
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://www.edferrero.com

I'm creating large data sets with moving average trendlines. I need to
creat
new charts with ONLY the trendlines...maybe in a separate worksheet. Can
the
moving average trendline datapoints be extracted and copied to another
sheet?