Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeff Ellison

Default How make text appear in a cell as a result of a number in anot

Wow! Thanks for your help. They don't have a section "Idiot's guide" do they?

"David Billigmeier" wrote:

Have a look at VLOOKUP() in the help menu, this will achieve what you want.
Post an example if you would like more in depth help.

Dave

"Jeff Ellison" wrote:

I am creating a database. Every time I enter a certain number (e.g. my
manufacturer's code) I'd like to be able to make the (manufacturer's) name
appear in a nominated cell. E.g every time I enter 0123 in one cell, Fred
Bloggs Ltd appears in an adjacent cell.
Can excel do this. I haven't a clue about Macros! Thanks1