Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Default conditional formatting to multiple cells

Hi

Could you not copy your 7 invalid entries to another area of your sheet
(or a different sheet) in a contiguous block and give this a name such
as "Invalid"?
Then in cell B30, your conditional format test becomes
=COUNTIF(Invalid,B30)0

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"TC" wrote in message
Thanks for the response... Here is what I am looking at.

I have 15 rows with entries in them. 7 of those fifteen are invalid
options. When a user selects one of the seven in Cell B30, I want the
cell to
become red. The 7 invalid cells are not in a consecutive range and
they are
also on sheet 2 of the workbook.

"SVC" wrote:

Assuming that you have a limited number of choices in the cells to be
conditionally formatted (e.g. Yes, No, Maybe), you can set up the
conditionally formatting for one cell, then use the Format Painter to
copy
the conditional formatting to the cells that you wish to apply the
formatting. Note that you can only set three conditional format
levels per
cell (plus a nonconditional format for an entry that does not match
any of
your conditions).

"TC" wrote:

Hi,

I want to create a conditional format which will change the color
of a cell
depending on the user's choice. The cells which I am referencing
are
scattered througout the worksheet (i.e. E84, E88, E90, etc.) How
can I set
this conditional format to multiple cells? Or is there a way to
set the
conditional format to text within a cell? any suggestions would be
greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,