Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme

Default i need to get totals in diff catagories

That depends on how the in formation is entered into your spreadsheet.
Want to reveal that secret?
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Jovetta" wrote in message
I know just enough about Excel to be dangerous. I have set up a
spreadsheet
with text and numbers and I need to break out some of the information from
that sheet into different catagories and total them.

I am not talking about AutoSuming a column, for example : I want to total
the hours I have spent with 65 year old/ hard of hearing people/ who are
working, and then 65 year old/ hear old hard of hearing people/ who are
not
working, and also 65 year old/ hearing people/ who are working and 65 year
old /hearing people /who are not working. All that information is already
in
my spreadsheet now, i need to break out those catagories.. HOW DO I DO
THIS?