Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
The-Bee

Default Excel locks up when trying to save

I have a very large workbook - over 100 sheets. Each has from 50 to 1200
cells filled. It locks up just about every time I change a cell and try to
save the file. On a good day I can save two changes without locking and
rebooting. As you can imagine this is a real pain - especially since I will
need to make a few thousand changes in the next week.
Any ideas? I am running XP Professional on a Dell with more than adequate
space on my hard drive (still 85% free).
I did all the usual - defrag, scan disk, etc.