Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steve

Default Naming cells...

Bob and other respondents on this thread,

Please excuse my stupidity in not interpreting your original reply
correctly. When I enter "2005!CashTotal" in the cell name box I do indeed
generate a "2005" worksheet specific name.

Many thanks to all who helped this idiot see a little more clearly

Steve

"Steve" wrote in message
Thanks Bob, but maybe I didn't explain my problem adequately.

I have a workbook with multiple worksheets. Each worksheet contains year
specific information and the worksheets are named "2005", "2004", "2003"
and so on. In worksheet "2004", I can name a cell "CashTotal", which I
then want to reference in other cells, formulas etc exclusively in
worksheet "2004".

Hopefully all is clear so far, Now comes the tricky bit.

I also want a cell named "CashTotal" in worksheet "2005", which I then
want to reference in other cells, formulas etc exclusively in worksheet
"2005".

Any ideas?

Steve

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
=Sheet2!A1

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Steve" wrote in message
How can I use the same cell name on different worksheets within the same
workbook?

Steve