Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
George Schneider

Default Mail Recipients

The issue is that office isn't able to access the blobal address book for
some reason. When you click on To the global address book deosn't appear the
list is blank. This happens with any user on this computer. We are running
Office XP on Windows 2000.

"Ada Pan [MSFT]" wrote:

Hello George,

From the post log, I understand that the address book icon doesn't show up
the addresses in Excel. If I have misunderstood your concern, please feel
free to let me know.

Based on my experience, I would suggest you follow the instructions in the
article below to isolate this issue.

280504 How to troubleshoot startup problems in Excel
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=280504

If the suggestions in the KB 280504 don't help, please tell me the result
of each test, such as starting Excel /s switch, starting Windows in safe
mode to test this issue etc.

In addition, please help us collect more information for further research.

1. Does this issue happen in any Excel workbook?
2. Does this issue happen in Word?
3. Does this issue happen in any user account on this computer? Please
create a new user account to test this issue.
4. Has the problem worked? If so, what has changed?
5. What are Windows and Office version installed on the computer? And what
service pack and updates has applied?

If anything is unclear or you need further assistance, please feel free to
let me know. I am glad to be of assistance.

Regards,

Ada Pan

Microsoft Online Partner Support