Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
R Kapoor

Default thousand separator

Jerry,
The link does not solve the problem as I am using Excel 2003 under Windows
XP Professional. This version of windows provides for Indian Commas Style,
which I have selected in the Windows Regional Settings.

The point is that Excel is not using this setting. Is it a bug? Should Excel
not be using the thousand separators as defined under Regional Settings in
Windows? Or am I missing something.

"R Kapoor" wrote:

I require to format my excel sheet using Indian system of formatting number
to use thousand separators which is like ##,##,##,##0.00 and not as

I have already changed the regional settings in Windows Contol Panel
suitably and checked the suitable option in Excel/Tools/Options to select
thousand separator as per system settings.

Still my number are formatted as ###,###,##0.00

Even custom setting to ##,##,##,##0.00 gets reverted to ###,###,##0.00