Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Default Index, Lookup and Vectors/Arrays

Hi Mike

If the data is numeric, then for D1
=MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,1:1)
if it is text then
=MATCH(REPT("Z",255),1:1)
Copy down and it will alter for rows 2:9

--
Regards

Roger Govier

Mike wrote:
I am looking to find out if there is a way to do this:

I have a vector of values say (D1:D9) witch equal different weeks. I
fill in a cell each week starting with D1, and after 9 weeks I fill
in D9. I need to create a formula that will find the furthest cell
to the right to make my solution accurate.

Basically, I have a constant number witch is integrated into the
formula, but my variable will change... and hopefully automatically
based on it being the furthest cell to the right or whatever the
technical way of saying it would be.

Thanks for your help!