Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
nekteo via OfficeKB.com

Default Greater than, smaller than formula

one more question...
You hv thought me how to make a value greater, but wat is the formula to make
it smaller??
For example,
90 convert to 89
98.2 convert to 98
98.8 convert to 98
92.4 convert to 92

I tried =int(98.8-1) but it didn't works. Because the answer would be 97

Dave Peterson wrote:
I had typos in my response--ignore that earlier version:

in A3:

=a2<a1

(you've got a typo in your explanation ("if A2 is less than A2").

Or
=a2a1
depending on what you really meant.

Or even
=a2=A1
or
=a2<=a1

(what happens when they're equal?)

(I changed all the A3's to A1's in the formulas)

thank you very much!!
But can u teach me one more thing? I'll really appreciate it.

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
How can i ask excel to add "false" in A3 if A2 is greater than A1?
And add "True" to A3, if A2 is less than A2