Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
nwg

Default years change to current year

If I input 11/04 as a date and change the date format to Nov-04 it will
become Nov-06. It does not recognize previous years so I probably need to
somehow stop the recalculation of the date. Or I need to input my date
(month/year) in a format that can stay the same when it is copied to another
worksheet. I would like to keep the date shown as either "November - 2005"
or "Nov - 2005" or "Nov-05" depending upon where it is in the worksheet.

I have experienced this problem in Works, Quatro and Excel. I basically
solved the problem in earlier years by switching to a text format in Works
and combining into a database and back to a worksheet. However, I still
experienced sort problems with the date as a text and I have be extremely
careful.

"rsenn" wrote:

Sorry, I cannot duplicate your results. Can you post your original
spreadsheet using excelforum.com?

--
rsenn
rsenn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29050