Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove

Default Delete A Word That Exceeds X Number Of Characters

"brazen234"
wrote...
Search didn't turn up anything, so help would be appreciated.

Simple as the title sounds. I have thousands of words in column A (one
word per cell) and I would like to delete all words 20 letters or
greater.

Another alternative: select the range, run the menu command Edit Replace,
finding ????????????????????* and replacing with nothing. Then with the
range still selected, run Data Filter Auto Filter, selecting blanks,
then run Edit Delete. No formulas needed.