Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NUMBnut

Default Saved Excel sheet - information disapearing

How much text is entered into a cell. Excel will only allow up to 52
characters in one cell. If there are more than that, then the information is
lost.

"djbeenie" wrote:

Hello everyone, I have searched high and low and nothing seems to
surface. We have an excel data sheet on a shared server that only 7
people have access to it. When they save the sheet when they are done,
some information gets lost (new cells and text disapear). I don't know
how to be more specific than that.

The sheet is not opened by another user, so it is not in read only
mode. I can't find anything on tech net nor google.

Has anyone ever had this problem before?

Regards,
Beenie

--
djbeenie