Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Martin

Default Saved Excel sheet - information disapearing

djbeenie wrote:
Hello everyone, I have searched high and low and nothing seems to
surface. We have an excel data sheet on a shared server that only 7
people have access to it. When they save the sheet when they are done,
some information gets lost (new cells and text disapear). I don't know
how to be more specific than that.

The sheet is not opened by another user, so it is not in read only
mode. I can't find anything on tech net nor google.

Has anyone ever had this problem before?

Regards,
Beenie

Do *all* of their changes get lost? Or just selected bits?

I'm wondering if their systems are storing the changed file in some other
location on their personal machines rather than back on the server where you
expect to find it.

Bill