Tammy Singer

Julie,
Thank you so much for your help.
I DID IT. :-)

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi Tammy

choose custom, on the right you have a white line and a box (generally has
the word "general" in it).. in the white line delete whatever's there and
just type
"**"@

Cheers
JulieD

"Tammy Singer" <Tammy wrote in message
Thanks Julie,

I don't see where under general you can change the white line to put in **
as a prefix. I see special and custom but they are pre determined
characters
and formulas. Is there a way to set up a prefix in custom?

Any additional help would be great.

Thanks.

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi Tammy

if you only need to change the way they look (ie you're not exporting
them
or using them in a function or anything) then this can be achieved by a
custom format
select the cells, choose format / cells, under the number tab choose
custom
you should see the word General in the white line on the right change it
read
"**"@

Cheers
JulieD

"Tammy Singer" <Tammy
wrote in message
Is there a way to insert a standard character before each cell of a
predetermined column?

For example, the info in the field says C01. I need for it to say
**C01.
It would take me hours to manually put a ** in one thousand records in
the
column.

Any help would be great!
Thans.