Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jaclyn

Default How do I add times that were creted with "=TEXT(A2-A1,"h:mm")"?

I am trying to create a timecard which allows work shifts that span days. I
enter "time in" and "time out" for each shift in the format "mm/dd/yyyy
hh:mm:ss". To find the total time at the end of a shift I used
"=TEXT(A2-A1,"h:mm")" to subtract the time in from the time out, which gives
me the total hours and minutes worked each shift. Now I can't seem to find a
way to add all of the resulting shift times together to get a weekly total.

All suggections welcome. Thank you!