Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jillian

Default Importing Data

What is a helper sheet? I'm sorry, but I am kind of new to working in Excel
at this kind of a level, and I've been reading up and doing my research, but
I can't seem to figure this part out and I've been at a stand-still for quite
a few days now. If/When I do get my data to the helper sheet, does it matter
if the values in my labelled cells are text and not numbers?

"CLR" wrote:

It sounds like you would have better results by importing the data to a
helper sheet and then linking the values you wish to your labelled cells.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Jillian" wrote:

I am using Microsoft Excel 2003 and I am trying to import data from one
worksheet to another. I found out how to import the data, but I can not find
out how to get the data that I am importing to go into the labelled cells
that I want them to go into. Is there any way that I can get Excel to do
this, or am I searching for something that can't even happen?