Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Paul B

Default Using the Text Formula

capnhud, as max said yes it will be affected, but you can put the formula in
any column if you need other stuff in column B, or you could use something
like this, =LOWER(A1) & " Other Stuff" to show what's in A1 in lower case
and Other Stuff with it, if you need any more help on this post back with
more details on what your data looks like and what you want to do.

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"capnhud" wrote in message
And if i wish to put other information in column B will that information

be
affected by the formula

"Paul B" wrote:

capnhud, with the text you want to change in column A, in B1 put

=LOWER(A1)
and copy down

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"capnhud" wrote in message
I have a range of cells that I want to apply the =LOWER function to

but
each
time that I go to make the text lowercase the text disappears from the

cell.
I was wondering if someone could tell me what I was possibly doing

wrong?