Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stuart

Default Engineers Database

at the moment the layout is simple i simple have column a for aia column b
for aim etc with the word aia in a1 and all the aia postcodes going down each
cell in that column. what i want is say either a seperate document or a
seperate tab where i have the interface for searching the current database
for the required info.
--
Stuart

"Andy" wrote:

Hi

Post some details of how your data is laid out. The solution will probably
be a VLOOKUP formula or one with INDEX and MATCH.

Andy.

"Stuart" wrote in message
as mentioned in some of my previous queries i work for an accident
management
company. as part of my job i need to instruct independant engineers to
carry
out inspections. in order to do this i need an excel database kinda thing
where i key in the name of the bodyshop or a postcode and it shows me the
engineers i need to instruct. my question is how do i configure an excel
spreadsheet to do this task i have all the postcodes that each engineer
covers and i know this can be done because our call centre has a similar
file
where they key in a postcode and it says what bodyshop to allocate it to
with
a 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th choice. so if someone can tell me how to do this id
be
most grateful.
--
Stuart