Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Martin

Default Sorting more than 3 columns of Numeric data.

JMax wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with six (6) columns of numeric data and would like
to sort if ascending in each row. So the end result would be the lowest
numbers in each row at the top of the spreadsheet. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Yes it's possible. Let me describe the simple approach first, then from it you
can figure out the more complex and wonderful version on your own.

Sort the entire data set first *only* on the least significant column. Then
sort it a second time *only* on the next least. And so forth until you've
sorted it for the sixth time on *only* the most significant column. If I
understand your request properly, it will end up correctly sorted.

Bill